HAZARD Points is a new club feature, starting in 2015, to promote club participation and community. These points will be awarded to members for participating in various club activities throughout the year. At the end of the year, the points are tallied and one member earns the title of HAZARD Brewer of the Year! On top of that, they will win a prize!
We have quite a few different types of activities throughout the year, and different points will be awarded for each. Here is the breakdown:
- Attending a club meeting = 1 point
- Pouring your homebrew at a special club event (Brewer’s Cup, Microbrew Festival, Beer on the Bay…) = 2 points (per session)
- Hosting a club meeting at your house = 3 points
- Participating in a club brew day = 4 points
- Entering your beers into HAZtoberfest = 1 point per entry
- Having your beer win 3rd place in any BJCP competition = 1 point
- Having your beer win 2nd place in any BJCP competition = 2 points
- Having your beer win 1st place in any BJCP competition = 3 points
So there you have it. The club officers will keep track of your participation and the Brewer of the Year will be announced and awarded their title and prize at the last meeting of the year. Good luck every one!